Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Eels in my pond

Some nights me and Rhys chop up some meat and go down to our pond and then we through it to the eels in the pond just down below our house we have one eel called Ian and some other eels called Spinner, Mr Brown, Small and Silver. The eel called Ian is the friendliest eel in the pond you can lean down from the bank and stroke him and sometimes you can lift half of his body out of the water and he doesn’t mind. Also Ian is the biggest and the strongest eel in the pond.
One time not that long ago we didn’t have rain for ages and I was starting to think that the pond would dry out and there would be no more eels, and in the end the pond did dry up and I did find some dyed up eel on the dry out mud of the pond and I hoped that Ian was not one of them, I knew that we needed some rain or the pond would turn into grass.
One day there was raining all day so at lunch time I put one my rain coat and I went down to the pond in the rain and I could see that the pond was getting deep with water again. The next day it was sunny and I biked down to the pond and the pond was as deep as it had ever been and that night me and Rhys went down to the pond and we saw about three eels there were Ian, spinner and Small.

No comments: